Recently on a chilly, rainy evening, my (non-pregnancy) craving for chicken and dumplings was satisfied! I sent my mom a quick text asking how she made this dish and was thrilled I had the right steps in mind! It’s a super easy and super yummy dish for those cold, rainy winter nights! This dish will warm up hearts and tummies alike!
- 2 skinless (boneless if you like) chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pot of water
- Garlic powder (optional)
- 2 cups Bisquick (or baking mix)
- 2/3 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 TBS baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 can mixed veggies (or use frozen-no need to cook first)
- Put chicken and seasonings in pot of water. Boil until the chicken falls apart (I boiled mine for about 1-1 1/2 hours). Add water if needed to keep the liquid above the chicken.
- Cool and debone the chicken. (If using boneless, skinless chicken, omit this step.)
- Shred chicken into smaller pieces and put back in the water.
- While bringing the water back to a boil, mix the dough for the dumplings.
- When the pot is boiling again, drop the dough into the water by the spoonful (I used a cookie scoop).
- Boil 10 minutes uncovered, then boil 10 minutes covered.
What is your favorite comfort food dish to make?