I’m a fan of subscription boxes. The idea of receiving a surprise with food each month excites me, making me want to open it and see what’s inside. As an affiliate, I received this one free for review purposes. Read on to get a free box!
Bestowed boxes contain all-natural/organic products. This was my first time receiving a Bestowed box, thus these are my first impressions!
Technically speaking, I received eleven products in this box, both full-sized and trial-sized. I wasn’t a fan of the seaweed chips, though I can stand crackers with minimal seaweed in them; I got sick soon after, but that may be allergy-related. ;)
Anyway, chances of me ordering this box for myself are quite high, as I enjoyed the variety and selection of the items I received.
What I tried
- Plum Organics Mashups in Berry – I tried this quickly after taking a small bite of the seaweed chip, just because I needed something quickly to keep me from getting sick. Lesser of two evils in this case were the berries. (I’m aware they’re for kids.) (I have food allergies plus the pickiness of a child. It works. I’m also a supertaster, if that means anything.)
- Funley’s Super Crackers – These have superfood veggies inside. They’re really, really good. Cornbread n’ Stuff (available in 90-calorie packs) contains the superfood sweet potatoes, and it tastes like sweet graham crackers or animal cookies, only better. Cheddar n’ Stuff (available in 100-calorie packs) contains the superfood broccoli and tastes like an amplified Cheez-It. I need to find a store with these, because I need these in my life.
- Good Greens Bars in Chocolate Mint was great-tasting, if you love chocolate. There was a hint of mint, and it was a superb combination of chewy and crunchy. I should have noticed it had peanuts in it, and thankfully it wasn’t a lot, but I won’t be chancing that again. (What’s up with these companies making allergy warnings so tiny?)
- Ocean’s Halo Seaweed Chips – These have a lot of seafood flavor. Because I didn’t like the product, there’s not much to say, so I’ll give you two facts on why you should consider it (i.e. not listen to my opinion of these chips) if you like seaweed and/or seafood: It’s by four dads and for a great cause (the ocean).
- Peeled Apple Clusters – These are like chewy dried apples in the form of mini rice cakes. Buyers beware: They’re addicting!
Other products in the box
Products I haven’t tried but are pictured above either physically or represented with a ‘free’ coupon: Suja Juice, Orgain Kids Nutritional Shake (Chocolate), Maia Yogurt, Unburn, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Lemon Verbena Dish Soap.
Have you ever ordered a Bestowed box?
Discover the best healthy food and snacks with monthly deliveries from Bestowed! From now until 15 September 2014, you can order your first box for $5 off with the coupon BST5. To get your first month free, use the code FIRST at checkout. Code valid for 3 and 6 month memberships
Have you ever tried any of these products? If not, which would you like to try?
When I’m not an editor at Crunchy Family, I’m either fictioning out or perpetuating my tree hugger agenda. Kids remember me by my cat stories. I don’t know anything about reality television or sports (except soccer), but nothing tickles my fancy like CW TV and Shondaland.