We welcome contributors of all types, provided their posts fall within the organic/crunchy lifestyle. We do make exceptions, however, because Crunchy Family understands the varying levels of crunchiness! We accept freestyle posts, though we do provide a list of topics we’d love to have on the blog.
Types of posts our readers love
- Personal stories: Open yourself up to our audience and the world; vulnerability is what really allows readers to connect with writers. Personifying photos are recommended!
- Recipes: Healthy, hearty, homemade meals and snacks, galore! Recipes with clear instructions and ingredients, and high-quality photos (i.e. food porn) tend to do best. Please don’t send us a photo of a recipe that looks like your dog’s vomit or your cat’s hairball. We, along with our audience, will pass.
- DIY & Crafts: Teach us how to do something! DIY posts should be accompanied by unedited, high-quality photos of the project—not a stock photo of something we can buy at the store…unless you’re teaching us to DIY our own.
- Features: Crunchies Around the World
Who reads Crunchy Family
Mothers—lots of ’em! We also have some dads, but it’s mostly mothers who want the best for their kids. We have and welcome readers and writers of all faiths, provided they treat each other respectfully.
A large portion of our audience is from the LGBTQ+ community, so please keep this in mind with your post.
The age range varies, though Crunchy Family is run by two millennial cousins.
Once your post goes live
We encourage our contributors to share their published posts on social media, as we will share posts across our platforms.
If desired, your post may be reposted elsewhere six (6) months after going on live on Crunchy Family, provided you link back to the exact URL the post was originally published on. We don’t personally recommend this, unless you make multiple changes, because numerous search engines do not favor duplicate content.
We do not currently pay our regular contributors, though we would like to in the future.
- crunchy wedding stories
- sanity + spring break
- opinions on current events in the crunchy community
Ready to submit?
Fill out the submission below. Only contact us directly if you have issues, and include a screenshot. Guest post submission inquiries sent directly to us will be ignored, due to the high volume we receive on the daily. Please
- do not use your own affiliate links,
- do not submit anything less than 500 words,
- try to include at least two links to existing Crunchy Family posts,
- do not make every sentence an exclamation point,
- link anchor text to your sources,
- send us posts not published elsewhere,
- and give us at least 14 business days to respond. If we do not respond within 14 business days, feel free to pitch elsewhere.
Guest post submission form
At the end of your post, add a 75-word bio (three links are permitted; one may be a call-to-action).
This is not to be used for sponsored posts, but rather to reach a new audience/share a post someplace. Link-building efforts are not appreciated here due to the spam-potential they have.
We will contact you for photos.