Hello! I’m attending the Gluten & Allergen Free (GFAF) Expo in Dallas, Texas this November!
As someone who’s allergic to almost everything, this is exciting to me. I’m looking forward to the classes, sponsors and vendors, and I’m hoping to discover some more food allergy-friendly foods. Whilst I’m not intolerant to gluten, some foods that are gluten-free I am able to have, because all-purpose flour is often avoided — I can’t have all-purpose flour, because it’s often fermented and mold-forming — and, if I’m lucky, there’s no yeast in gluten-free products I find a lot of interest in!
I’m an official GFAF Expo blogger!
My phone doesn’t let me have the Twitter app, because it’s too bulky, but I’ll keep trying. I’ll be ‘gramming photos whilst at the event, but for those of you without Instagram, I send my Instagram updates to Twitter. I’m trying to sync Instagram up with Foursquare, so you can connect with me there, too!
There are a total of seven different classes, which are split into the two days. Read more about each one →
- “Immunity and Food: The Intersection Between Foods & the Immune System” by Betty Murray, CN, IFMCP, CHC
- “The Power of Food – The best medicine or the worst poison for your body.” by Oonagh Williams
- “Auto-Immune Diseases: It’s Hard to Have Just One” by Nadine Grzeskowiak, RN, CEN
- “The Gluten Conundrum What is gluten, why am I sensitive, and even though I’ve given up gluten, why do I still feel bad?” BY Christina O’Brien, D.C.
- “Nutrition and Gluten-Free Baking” by Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod
- “Raising a Child Gluten-Free” by Tiffany Hinton
- “Get Rid of Toxins — in your Diet and in your Life!” by Carol Kicinski
- Udi’s Gluten Free
- Enjoy Life Foods
- Find Me Gluten Free
- Send Me Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Media Group
- Earth Balance
- Bakery On Main
- Nature’s Path Organic
- Omission Beer
- Smart Flour Foods
- Canyon Oats
- So many more! →
Are you in or near Dallas?
Early Bird Pricing
With the Early Bird Pricing, adults get in for $12 and children get in for $2! Take advantage now! Coupons below.
Early Bird Pricing expires October 31st!
Enter EARLYBIRD at checkout for $5 off adult tickets, and EARLYKIDS for $2 off kids tickets. If purchasing both adult and kids tickets, enter one code first then click apply, then enter the second code and click apply.
Win free tickets!
You can enter to win a free ticket to the expo! Four lucky readers will win a ticket!
Use the widget below to enter.
P.S. For those of you who are unable to attend, I’ll be instagramming at the event! (My phone doesn’t allow me to have the Twitter app; it’s too bulky.) Make sure you’re following me on Instagram @ouslyme! I send my Instagram updates to my Twitter account, which is now @lizandcode!
Also! We now have a Google+ page!
When I’m not an editor at Crunchy Family, I’m either fictioning out or perpetuating my tree hugger agenda. Kids remember me by my cat stories. I don’t know anything about reality television or sports (except soccer), but nothing tickles my fancy like CW TV and Shondaland.