Essential Oils (EOs) are very beneficial to our health and well-being. Lemon (Citrus Limon) Oil is very powerful with anti-fungal, anti-viral, and astringent properties!
As with any essential oil, lemon EO should be diluted with a carrier oil to prevent desensitizing. Adults can typically use 2-4 drops (mixed with carrier oil). Rubbing the drops (mixed with carrier oil) into a baby’s feet is a great way to use the essential oils for infants.
Be aware of the dangers of ingesting EOs. They are very potent and can cause harmful damage to the inside of your body! A great resource is the go-to expert on EOs, Robert Tisserand. Check out his FB page for TONS of information!!!
You can also diffuse the oil into the air with a diffuser. Check out these here from NYR.
Here’s just a few of the great uses for lemon oil:
- Soothe a sore throat by gargling water with a drop of lemon oil added (do not swallow)
- Heal cold sores
- Diffuse into the air for a mood boost
- Natural Insect Repellent (Like this one here: Bug Repellent)
- Strengthen Nails
- Heal Callouses
- Add to water and rinse fruit to clean and help increase shelf life
- Use as a disinfectant in your cleaning supplies
- Removes gum out of hair
- Cleans up crayon from walls
- Remove grease spots
- Clean a smooth top stove
- Use on a soft cloth to preserve leather
You can find essential oils, teas, herbs, and more here at Mountain Rose Herbs.
What is your favorite use for Lemon Oil??
*Disclaimer: The information provided is for educational purposes only. None of these statements are intended to treat or diagnose an illness or disease. Seek medical advice for injuries, illnesses, or disease.
*This post may contain affiliate links.