Peppermint Oil is anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-spasmodic, and anti-bacterial. It has a countless number of uses and should be a staple in your essential oils supply! It can be, however, very potent and should be applied topically after being diluted with a carrier oil (coconut, safflower, almond, jojoba, etc).
As with any essential oil, peppermint should be diluted with a carrier oil to prevent desensitizing. Adults can typically use 2-4 drops (mixed with carrier oil).
**Please note!!! Do not use if pregnant! Also, peppermint oil should not be used in children under 6!! It can cause them to stop breathing! Please find more information regarding this here.
Be aware of the dangers of ingesting EOs. They are very potent and can cause harmful damage to the inside of your body! A great resource is the go-to expert on EOs, Robert Tisserand. Check out his FB page for TONS of information!!!
This list is just sampling of great uses for peppermint oil:
- Diffuse to improve mental clarity and awareness
- Diffuse to raise energy levels and alertness
- Natural pain killer and muscle relaxant
- Eases indigestion, upset stomach, cramps (diffuse or apply to area of pain)
- Freshen stinky shoes
- Air Freshener and Odor control
- Soak your feet in warm water with added peppermint oil
- Combine with carrier oil (olive/jojoba) to relieve dandruff, use for lice removal, balance scalp pH, and encourage hair growth
- Allergy and Congestion relief
- Relieve joint pain
- Soothe a headache
- Bring down a fever (Apply a drop to the bottoms of feet)
- Remove Ticks
- Bug and rodent repellant (ants, mice, aphids, spiders, etc.)
You can find essential oils, teas, herbs, and more here at Mountain Rose Herbs.
What is your favorite use for EOs??
*Disclaimer: The information provided is for educational purposes only. None of these statements are intended to treat or diagnose an illness or disease. Seek medical advice for injuries, illnesses, or disease.
*This post may contain affiliate links.