I have become a huge fan and a new customer of many of the products and brands that I have discovered over the past two Gluten Free and Allergen Friendly Expos. Many might think that I am just a blogger and only go to these events for fun since I do not have Celiac Disease or any food allergies. I have actually become more health conscious and been able to share great information with friends and readers who have dietary restrictions.
Getting a diagnosis of Celiac Disease or a food allergy is not the end of the world. It doesn’t mean you have to eat dirt flavored food. It doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a meal ever again. There are SO many things that I buy now that I would have never tried in the past because I figured they would be bland or boring since they were “gluten-free”.
I look forward each year to learning about new companies and new products from brands that I already love. There are things you should know before you go gluten-free, so be aware of the nutrients you may lose and know how to replace them.
I have favorite products from the expo that are in all categories of food from seasonings to decadent desserts. Let me tell you about a few of the new staples in my home…
- Love Grown Foods – Their Super Oats are like amazing little instant oatmeal packets. Full of good ingredients to fill you up in the morning!
- Massel – I use Massel’s bouillon cubes and concentrated stock ALL THE TIME. They are so full of delicious flavor and take up way less room than big boxes of stock.
- Hail Merry – I am completely obsessed with the tarts and macaroons from Hail Merry. They are not only gluten-free, vegan, no-GMO and all of the wonderful things you WANT your food to be, they are sinfully delicious!
- Sunbutter – This is actually probably my cousin Liz‘s favorite food EVER. I am super addicted to eating it with apple slices. It is WAY better than peanut butter!
- Enjoy Life Foods – They have so many great snacks from cookies to Seed & Fruit packs. I love to add the Seed and Fruit packs to my Super Oats!
What I learn from the GFAF Expo each year stays with me all throughout the year and I get so excited when I see the small, family owned companies and their products make it into my local grocers. It’s so neat to meet the faces behind the foods, hear their stories and help them grow their brands ! I look forward to the next expo this year!
I am a Crunchy Mama of 5 rowdy boys and 2 sweet girls! I also gave birth to a baby girl in January 2016 for an awesome couple as their surrogate. I married my awesome husband, Brian in October 2016 and we are located in a little city outside of Dallas, Texas. I am a jill-of-many-trades. I run a laundry service, do custom sewing and even sell lactation cookies to my locals. I love to shop at thrift stores, take showers without an audience and spend time dreaming of a life off the grid! Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes photos in the life of my crunchy family!