If your kids are anything like mine, you know how much of a chore it can be to get your kids to eat healthy. My kids are not big fans of cooked veggies so I have to get creative. Here are a few ideas to get your kids eating their fruits AND veggies!
- One word: Dip. Kids LOVE to dip. You can give your kids sliced veggies with some ranch dressing, hummus or peanut butter and be amazed at how quickly they gobble up their veggie strips!
- Make it FUN! You can use a plate as a canvas to create a scene using broccoli trees, cherry tomato ladybugs or cauliflower clouds. Ants on a log is another fun way to get your kids to down a healthy snack.
- Create a salad bar. Kids are more likely to eat their food if they put it on their plates themselves. Give them a base of lettuce or spinach and let them choose their own toppings. You can set out small bowls with toppings like shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, peppers, pepperonis, croutons, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries or whatever you have on hand.
- Let your children create kabobs. Food on a stick is pretty irresistible! You can use popsicle sticks or cut the sharp ends off of bamboo skewers so your little ones don’t poke themselves. Great kabob foods are cheese squares, peppers, banana slices, pineapple chunks and cucumber slices.
- Juice it! You can easily mask the flavor of many veggies when you juice them with fruit! You can also make green smoothies which is like a treat!
- Puree it! You can steam and puree many veggies and add them into soups, burgers, baked goods or sauces and your little minions will never know the difference!
Remember, it can take a child trying a food MANY times before they learn to like it, so don’t give up! What is your child’s favorite way to eat veggies?
I am a Crunchy Mama of 5 rowdy boys and 2 sweet girls! I also gave birth to a baby girl in January 2016 for an awesome couple as their surrogate. I married my awesome husband, Brian in October 2016 and we are located in a little city outside of Dallas, Texas. I am a jill-of-many-trades. I run a laundry service, do custom sewing and even sell lactation cookies to my locals. I love to shop at thrift stores, take showers without an audience and spend time dreaming of a life off the grid! Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes photos in the life of my crunchy family!