I asked the moms in some crunchy mom groups across the country if there were any funny things that their kids say that non-crunchy kids would never say. Here is the response that I got…
- When asked what the baby would eat, Jadon (6) said, “Booby milk and healthy foods so he will grow up to be big and strong like me!”
- Noah (7) came home from school and said, “Mom, I told all the kids in my class to mix honey and grape juice and drink it and it will keep them from getting sick.” That’s his version of elderberry syrup.
- Lily (6) told the school nurse when she was cleaning her skinned knee and tried to put some antibiotic ointment on it, “hmm we don’t use GMO products like that at our house. My mommy will just put coconut oil on it!” She has also many times said “I only drink organic milk, but thanks” and my favorite was her asking her pre-k teacher at 4, “do those cupcakes have GMOs in them?” And the teacher asked her what GMOs were!
- Abby (11), a competitive gymnast says, “My mom packs strange things in my lunches that no one will ever trade for, so I always have to eat my own food! For snacks at gymnastics meets, my mom makes these cool granola bars and fruit roll ups. At first my team mates thought I had weird snacks but now I beg her to make enough for everyone because they always steal mine!” “When in doubt put coconut oil on it.” “Vinegar cleans everything but smells bad.” “Non organic milk is nasty.”
- Marina (8) exclaimed “Mommy look, a babywearer! Is she your friend?!”
- When asked if he wanted a cookie, Chevy (2.5) said, “No, I want some REAL food.”
- “Mom, I need to put some more coconut oil on my Eczema “….. ” Mom, I want a different color amber necklace” says Alana (7)
- “Oh mommy! I love your wonderful nursies!”- Vaden (3)
- Traci (7) says, “I’m wearing my ‘bra’ so I can breastfeed my babies.”
- “I cant wait to go to the market to get more food to dehydrate!” Emily (8)
- Last week was Tara’s first time regularly using oils for a cold. She was looking for her eucalyptus as she sneezed and coughed. She then heard her son, Alex (3) say, “Daddy, mommy needs her oils!”
- Sadae (18 mo) yells, “I LOOVE HUMMUSSS!!!”
- “I want more seaweed” Lottie (2.5)
- “I get the scoby!”, said by Sean (7) when his mom was opening a bottle of kombucha.
Thank you to all of the crunchy moms that shared!! You are obviously raising AWESOME kids!!
What are some funny things YOUR crunchy kid has said??
I am a Crunchy Mama of 5 rowdy boys and 2 sweet girls! I also gave birth to a baby girl in January 2016 for an awesome couple as their surrogate. I married my awesome husband, Brian in October 2016 and we are located in a little city outside of Dallas, Texas. I am a jill-of-many-trades. I run a laundry service, do custom sewing and even sell lactation cookies to my locals. I love to shop at thrift stores, take showers without an audience and spend time dreaming of a life off the grid! Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes photos in the life of my crunchy family!