If you’re like most women that have just had a baby or even if are a ways in on the journey of motherhood, chances are, having sex isn’t always a top priority. Now it’s likely that your significant other has sex marked as a priority high at the top of their list, so we sometimes have to compromise. It’s not that you don’t WANT to have sex, but a lot of times, new moms (well, moms in general) are tired, haven’t showered, are feeling unattractive or just have their hormones out of whack. Here are some great ways to feel better about yourself and get into the mood for love…
– Natural aphrodisiacs such as peppermint extract, maca root, warming spices (cinnamon, ginger & nutmeg), cacao, fenugreek, and dates can boost your libido without side effects of a medication.
– Get rid of the lube with chemicals you can’t pronounce and replace it with coconut oil. Not only is it better for your body, but coconut oil is good at killing bad bacteria while it’s down there.
– Do a boudoir photo shoot just for yourself or as a gift your significant other. In my local crunchy group, there is a handful of amazing photographers that gather crunchy moms and shoot amazingly sexy photos of them. They know how to get just the right angles to accentuate your best assets and they can even Photoshop away things that you dislike. I have not yet seen a boudoir photo that was not simply stunning, no matter the age, size or shape of the mama.
– Take advantage of the wonderful time that breastfeeding keeps your fertility at bay. Let’s just say it… Condoms suck. They are a barrier that is not the most comfy things in the world. Be thankful to your nursling that keeps you up all night but allows you to have that extra closeness with your loved one.
– If you really want to spice things up in the bedroom, believe it or not, there are organic adult toys at Wild Side of Green!
– Sex doesn’t always have to be a chore, but sometimes it does need to be scheduled into your day. Let your hubby know when baby’s nap time is and tell him to take a “late lunch with a client” one day.
Remember why you fell in love and try to be more spontaneous! Even if you aren’t “in the mood” to begin with, usually you are once you take the leap!